Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year








Okay, it's been several weeks now since the last post, you remember I don't do any posting while on-slope (work) for two weeks. Well I got back home New Years Eve, and Sarah flew in a couple of hours after I. We opened Christmas gifts Jan 1. I received a tie tack and cologne, Chris got a NASCAR pez dispenser and a Wii, Sarah got 1000 rounds of .22 cal. bullets and a Leatherman Wave (multi-tool). I'm sure the tie tack will get plenty of use...........right! Anyway, we needed something to put Sarah's bullets in so we went to a gun shop and Sarah decided on a Ruger single 6 revolver. Stainless. Sweet gun. Chris, Sarah and me went to an indoor shooting range in Palmer (30 mi. away) packing a 45 auto a 10/22 and Sarah's new heater. We left after 600 rounds were put downrange. You would not believe how well Chris killed the paper. She was a fantastic shot and was surprised how much she enjoyed launching lead. We intend to go back again later this week. Chris didn't like the 45 too much. Sarah likes the 45 but she was really concentrating on mastering her new revolver. Much fun.





I also spoke to my cousin Will Marengo who lives in Fla. He and his family are doing well and I look forward to speaking with him again. You can see his profile on Facebook.





Something else I did this trip back was buy a four wheeler. It is a two-up seat so Chris can jump on back and away we go.......when it is not -20 degrees outside.











I also got to meet Gov. Sarah Palin two blocks from the house during the Alaska 50 year anniversary celebration. It was -25 deg. outside and of course the camera failed when Gov. Palin and I posed for a picture....bummer...but it did happen!





Not much else happening here. Wanting to go ice fishing with Andy P. but it's too cold. Can't spend too much time outside, it's too doggone cold! Global warming my Al Gore! (Al Gore is interchangeable with other expletives as well)








And of course we missed seeing Lil'B this past Christmas!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh. My. God. I can not belive my Mary Margaret, (your Chris), was shooting a gun!!! That is totally wild! I'm glad you updated.

We have had an interesting week here at our end. No shooting.....but our offspring (Tristan) was snowed-in in Chicago for an extra week so he missed his birthday with us. Doug had to go in the hospital but the prognosis was NOT stroke - whew - and we see doctors this next week. I was a basket case.

I won major battles on Guild Wars with my assassin character and geekily proud.

Life is good. Take care man!