Friday, July 3, 2009

Procrastination
























It's been awhile I know, no real excuse other than laziness. I'll be brief in bringing all you fans up to speed.


Well the very proud parents of Sarah Ashley Jefferson went to Missoula, Montana to attend the University of Montana graduation ceremonies. We had a great time. We met Grant, (Sarah's beau, also UM graduate, and a really nice guy). We cannot express how proud we are of Sarah. She has made us happy beyond words. She will undoubtedly be her own person and have all our support whatever her endeavors (unless she disagrees with me.) yuk yuk


Sarah and Grant standing on the 'M' above the university

What a putz I am for not posting this blog. I apologize for my ineptitude. Again, no excuse other than laziness.

Some significant things have happened in the last few months. For one, I had an encounter with a brown bear on a walk into a friend's cabin. It was the closest bear encounter I have ever had. Approximately 15' from me bear appeared and could have had me if he wanted to. I had no time to reach for the 45 I was carrying. I screamed as loud as I could and fortunately the bear ran off. It happened so fast that even if I was on my guard, it would have been a frightful situation. The next day, I went out and purchased a Mossberg 500 shotgun. I have vowed not to let that happen to me again. I have been practicing with the shotgun and building confidence with it. I'm not a trophy hunter. I don't want to shoot a bear unless necessary. I've had many of opportunity to do so. I don't begrudge others of doing so. It's not for me. Cost of taxidermy, place to put the trophy, etc..... I don't need it. Don't want it.


Chris and I are going on a trip to Texas in a few days. Going to see Danielle, Kyle, Brighton,and Porter. I can't wait! Lots of things to do, little time to do it.


I will post more often, I hope.

1 comment:

Can't snuff the rooster said...

I would have written earlier to complain about your non blogging or even put a boot up your ass, but I too was procrastinating!!!! Sarah looks great and congratulations to her......Rooster....