Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aunty Pat


On October 16, 2008 my Aunty Pat past away. She leaves 5 children, William, Alfred, Teresa, Robert, and David. She also leaves her sister Margaret. She survived her brothers Francis & John and Sisters Joyce, Marion & Barbara.


Aunty Pat was born on December 17, 1934 and raised in Worcester, Massachusetts. She was a graduate of Classical high School.

We lived in the same three decker on King St. for several years during the late 60's early 70's. It was great for a kid to have his cousins so close. We got to know each other more than other families may have. It was a lot of fun. Not so much when the oil ran out and there wasn’t any heat. Aunty Pat on many occasions made toast for me after I ran my paper route and before I left for school. I can't remember any specific conversations we had, but I thought it was cool that she and I were the only ones up and talking, besides Heidi, our German Sheppard. She made me feel comfortable as my socks were drying on the stove. Some other things I remember about Aunty Pat when I was a kid, she always seemed to know when I was up to something. Like breaking windows or setting off firecrackers where I shouldn’t. But I don't think she ever told on me, she just let me know that she knew and disapproved. I guess she figured that would be sufficient to put a stop to it, and she was right. I haven’t seen My Aunt Pat for thirty-five years, but she left me with some life long memories and some useful communication skills. Rest in Peace, Aunty Pat, and thank you.

1 comment:

The Comin Family said...

Hey dad-
You never told me about your Aunty Pat. I really loved reading about her and your mems with her. Keep those family mems coming.